How to successfully sell online photography? Read this article and discover the best and most popular websites for selling photos online!
Selling your artwork online may seem to be a complicated task, especially if you know nothing about how to sell online photography. But, believe it or not, photographers have a lot of options to sell their photos.
The first thing you need to do is to decide where you are going to sell your photos. In order to help you, we’ve decided to come up with a list of the best and most popular websites to use:
- iStock Photo – With this platform you can easily sell your photos and earn additional 15% rate for every download of the photo. You have one more option and that is to dedicate yourself to being a contributor. This way you will earn a rate of 45%. Before contributing your photos, you need to create an account and become a member of iStock so you can apply as an exclusive contributor.
- Fotolia – This is a very popular and widely used site. It is great for selling your photographs online and attracting new potential clients. If you decide to sell your photos here, you will get paid based on the ranking on the website and the exclusivity of the photo. Usually, the payment varies between 20 and 60% for every download.
- Photocrati – A lot of expert photographers say that this is probably the best option for selling your photos online. Even though it doesn’t have an ecommerce solution, the theme allows you to set up your own website on WordPress. The best thing is that you will have a complete control over the appearance and feel of the site.
- SmugMug – If you want to create a sleek and professional showcase to promote your photos, this is without a doubt the best option for you. This platform allows you to use an appealing storefront and e-commerce gallery.
- TourPhotos – This is a very popular platform for activity and tourism companies that allow to sell and share professional photos during their journeys and excursions. These places are rafting, scuba diving, amusement park, northern light excursions, and much more. If you are into these activities, this is the best website for your photographs.
Now that you are familiar with these websites, choose the one that fits your photography style the most!
— Lauyou Learning (@lauyou01) 21 août 2017